Friday, May 7, 2010

The White Lanterns Assemble...

The week has come to an end...and once again,
I have spent far too much money.

However, the experience has not left me without some brief anecdotes, especially some good lunch gossip. Wednesday was the obligatory trip to Castle P with 8bit-Emma in order to acquire more items to satiate my current superhero binge. Four boxes of Heroclix later, I had three super rares and three Marvel Zombies figures. Apparently, my "Godpack" fingers still hold some juices.

Thursday brought a needed luncheon at the local vegetarian coffee bar with two colleagues . Still a little uneasy about giving up meat, I ordered the Veggie burger as a compromise. The topic of conversation: gossip about work, Facebook, and summer plans. The last one forced me to realize that I really had none.

Friday...the last day of the regular semester had not come a day too soon, and as usual, my reward was another spree at Castle P with 8bit-Emma and her hubby, where I picked up Issues 0 & 1 of The Brightest Day, the free White Lantern Ring, and 3 more lackluster boxes of Clix, although my man Luke Cage decided to make an appearance. A late lunch at Tres and a whole evening of procrastination ensued and here I am now, dreading tomorrow's workload. At least I bought enough distractions to make the weekend interesting and stressful.

To end, I must say: "Bow down to the power of the ring!"

No comments:

Post a Comment