Saturday, August 7, 2010

Console Sprite Stays Home, Part IV - A Little AFK

Today brought about anticipated family obligations. My mom saddled up in the old family wagon with...my dad, who has not been able to come down in years due to his health. While he is still not recovered fully (we sorta left him in the apartment while we went out to do some initial shopping), the fact that he actually made it down here was extremely satisfying for the day. We hit the usual locations for clothes, as I seem to be losing pairs of khaki shorts at an alarming rate, but we also ran by Best Buy for the most anticipated stop on the trip: camera action. I have been wanting a small digital camera for about four months, and with the near arrival of another paycheck, I should have enough money to buy one. Chronic Geek helped out with some suggestions and I have a couple of options in mind, although with the impending influx of new students, they might sell out of the models that I would like.

After a brief stop back home, we collected the third party to head out to a Lonestar lunch, the remnants of which are still festering in my intestinies. After some conversation and a mushy apple cobbler, we made our last important stop at the local used bookstore, where my father and I were assigned the role of porters carrying around my mother's loots, and believe me, there were quite a few blues in the set.

After we had a few parting words and they departed awaiting my arrival at Thanksgiving, I sat down with my own loots for the day: a couple of books, but most importantly, my first module on the Adventure Path. Staring at it with fanboy glee, I cracked a few pages and relished in the thought of staring it in a few weeks. Life is about to get interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment